Followers

Sunday, 27 October 2013

Magic Goose Nail Polish Swatches & Review

Hello everybody! Today I have some polishes from a new UK indie brand called "Magic Goose". Magic Goose is run by lovely Emma (whose blog - Imagination In Colour - you may also recognise), and her partnerAndy. I have known Emma through All Things Nails for a little while, and when she contacted me recently to ask if I would review some of her Magic Goose products, I was delighted to say yes.




Shall we get to it, dearlings?

The polishes I am reviewing are "Hebridean Sea" and "Asteria":




************



"Hebridean Sea" is a turquoise shimmer, but not just your average shimmer. It has a lovely pearly quality, with a subtle, almost imperceptible golden sheen to it. It is so ethereal and mystical, and very evocative of the waters around the Hebrides. The formula was crammed full of pigment, which made it thick and quite "dry" feeling, but not in a detrimental way - it went exactly where I put it which allowed flawless application - I don't think I could flood my cuticles with this polish even if I tried! Two coats were all I needed for full opacity. The finish was a little brush stroke-prone, so care should be taken if that's something which bothers you.

Picture is of two coats without top coat:


************



"Asteria" is a glitter polish in a sheer blue shimmer base. It consists of a multitude of different shapes, sizes, and colours of glitter, including purple, turquoise, and holographic hexes, larger holographic and blue stars, and smaller holographic glitter. The blue shimmer base is sheer, so I would personally use it as a topper, but I suppose if you applied several thick coats and don't have an aversion to a VNL then you could wear it on its own. I chose to apply two coats over "Hebridean Sea" as they seemed to complement each other perfectly. As with all glitters of this kind, I had to do a little bit of fishing and placement in order to get at least one star on each nail, but application was otherwise trouble free. I would recommend either using a thicker top coat or doubling up on your regular top coat in order to stop the corners of the stars from lifting up and catching on things.

Picture shoes two coats of "Asteria" over "Hebridean Sea", with top coat:




I think the combination of these two together gives an over-all look of a magical, other-wordly ocean, with the stars reflecting off the surface. What do you think?

Magic Goose polishes can be purchased from their website (UK shipping only), and you can also keep updated with news and new releases on their Facebook page.

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon! :) x


**Products sent for honest, un-biased review**


No comments:

Post a Comment