Followers

Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Models Own "Emerald Black Beetlejuice" & Nails Inc "The Vaudeville"

Hello dearlings, and happy Wednesday! Yet more flakies for you today - if you hadn't realised (and you may not have, because I haven't told you), it's "Flakies" week at All Things Nails. I only have one more flaky polish left after today's post, so the flakiness will end soon :(

Anyway, back to today. I started with a base of Models Own "Emerald Black Beetlejuice", which was from their first collection of Beetlejuice polishes. "Emerald Black" has a dark, smoky blackened base packed full of very dark green shimmer, which shifts to blue at a very oblique angle. It is the only one from its collection at least which doesn't require any kind of undies; the formula is quite thin and runny, and the first coat never looks good (being streaky and patchy and quite sheer), but the second coat makes everything perfectly opaque and beautiful.

Pictures show two coats, no top coat:






And then I applied one coat of Nails Inc "The Vaudeville", a green/blue flaky in that sort of yellowish-tinged translucent base so typical of flakies, and top coat:











Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x



7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous manicure, love your nice and clean lines too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Lucy!! xx

      Delete
  2. I loved the colour before the glitter top coat but afterwards it made it look even more beautiful
    Love it!

    Follow me on:
    http://alissainwonderland16.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely - both on it's own and with the flakies. And, I was thinking to myself how wonderfully neat it was before I saw Lucy's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both for your such lovely comments! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have inspired me to get some flakies out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay, that's what I like to hear! :) xx

      Delete