Followers

Monday, 24 June 2013

Nautical Nails and some Mattified Flakies!

Hello dear, and happy new week! 

We'll start with the mattified flakies, which were yesterday's manicure, but as it was my grandmother's birthday and I went to visit her in the evening, I didn't have time to photograph my nails or write my blog. 

So, I started with one coat of Nails Inc "Covent Garden", a very dark greenish navy creme with a superb formula, then I applied one coat of Nails Inc "The Vaudeville", a green/blue flaky in a clear base, and finished with matte top coat. This had been on my nails all night by the time I photographed them, so it's looking a little battered here:






Now, all this week at All Things Nails the theme is "Plain Sailing into Nautical Week". I had something in mind which clearly wasn't going to work as I didn't have the stamping plate (I don't suppose it even exists anywhere, knowing my ridic imagination), so I altered it slightly. I started with two coats of OPI "Alpine Snow", then I stamped a sort of rope/chain image from Pueen plate 31 in red and blue (Revlon "Revlon Red" & Barielle "Berry Blue") on alternate nails, and finished with a gold stamped anchor image from Bundle Monster plate BM08 on my ring finger nails. Sadly the anchor doesn't show up too well and even less so in photographs. If I had steady enough hands I could fill it in a little bit with a brush but I know that would end in disaster, so I left it alone. Pictures are messy I'm afraid but you kind of get the idea!







Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x



4 comments:

  1. I love that matted flakie manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the mattified flakies! Oh my goodness! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matte flakies! <3 That base colour is gorgeous btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the matte flakie!!!!

    ReplyDelete