Followers

Friday, 28 June 2013

Butterfly Nail Art with Pueen & Nails Inc "Upper Brook Street"

Hello internet! Sorry for the no blog yesterday or the day before. I had a major nail fail and my computer has been driving me crazy so I just gave up. It seems to be a bit better today so, while I still won;t show you the nail fail from Wednesday, I still have yesterday's and today's manicures to show you! Not so much of the words today as there a a fair few pics and I'm tired.

We'll start with yesterday.

I started with two coats of Nails Inc "England's Lane" - a pale lilac creme. No top coat:



On top of that I added one coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" (again, no top coat):



And then using Nails Inc "Duchess Street" I stamped a really pretty butterfly full-nail image from Pueen plate 39, and finished with top coat:




That was officially my favourite nail art that I've ever done ^_^


Now on to today. Nails Inc "Upper Brook Street" is an absolutely divine navy blue shimmer. Slightly purple-toned, but definitely navy. The formula was flawless - two richly pigmented coats for opaque perfection. Even with the teeny brush in my mini bottle it was easy to apply. Pictures are with top coat:





And then I went a step too far. I received a mini bottle of Nails Inc "Electric Lane", a scattered holographic top coat, so I decided to add one coat of that. I don't like it. The particles are too big and too densely packed for my liking and I needed two coats of top coat to make it smooth and shiny. It may lend itself better to paler colours, but I won't be reaching for it again any time soon and certainly won't be buying a full-sized bottle -  I will definitely be sticking with China Glaze "Fairy Dust"!!






Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x





3 comments:

  1. Love the butterfly stamps!! Gorgeous hunny.

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! The butterfly image is by far my favourite one on all of my stamping plates :) xx

      Delete
  2. The blue sparkling nail designs are awesome.Body painting

    ReplyDelete