Followers

Thursday, 9 May 2013

Nails Inc for InStyle "Bluebell" & Milani "Gems"

Hello dearlings, how are you all? I have another blue manicure today, utilising one of my favourite looks - mattified glitter!

I started with a base of Nails Inc for InStyle "Bluebell", a very pretty periwinkle pastel blue creme (given away free with InStyle magazine last year). Two coats, no top coat:




To which I added one coat of Milani "Gems" - a clear polish crammed with multi-coloured, multi-sized glitter sequins, and then a layer of matte top coat:




Do you like the matte look or do you prefer your nails shiny, shiny, shiny?

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x




7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous :) I haven't used a matte topcoat before but I love the idea of mattyfying glitter to make it look dotty :) What matte topcoat would you recommend please hun? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennett! I really love mattifying glitters, especially the larger sequins like this :) I would recommend Rimmel's Lycra Pro Matte Finish Top Coat - it's what I've used here, and it's really very good, especially considering the price :) xx

      Delete
  2. I always thought I loved shiny shiny nails, then I discovered matttifying glitter :) Gorgeous nails

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how this looks matte :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both for your comments :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous!! I mainly prefer glossy but sometimes mattifying a mani makes it all the more beautiful, like in this case :D xx

    ReplyDelete