Followers

Saturday, 25 May 2013

Maybelline Color Show Polka Dots "Shooting Stars"

Today's nails come to you courtesy of a lovely girl named Sarah, whom I met over at All Things Nails. She very kindly and generously offered me a nail polish which she knew I wanted, as she had no use for it, and it arrived today. It's Maybelline Color Show Polka Dots in "Shooting Stars", a deep blue jelly with an assortment of black and white matte glitters. Formula was thick and gelatinous, but not at all difficult to apply. I've used two fairly generous coats on their own (with no base colour) and while my nail line is ever so slightly visible, I actually think it's a good thing and just adds to the gorgeous, juicy, squishy-looking jelly finish.

Pictures show two coats plus base & top coat:




What do you think? I really love how you can see the glitters in the first layer through the second layer - it's like looking into deep crystal blue water! Thank you Sarah for being so generous and sending this to me <3

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x



9 comments:

  1. Ooh this is stunning xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty, as the night sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps I'm being a nail snob but I'm really surprised at the quality of this polish from Maybelline as I didn't think this brand could compete with some of the more expensive indie brands in the jelly glitter formulas. But your review shows that it really does! There's such a great depth of colour - it really does look like you are gazing through several layers of deep water. I hope you review and show the other colours in the range, particularly the pink one - my colour weakness where yours is green! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well.... I'm no polish snob (not anymore, anyway) but your reservations could be justified - I have heard lots of sob stories about the quality of Maybelline polishes, especially the Color Show range, but I am pleased to say the polka dots at least are pretty amazing :) I hope to one day get the pink and the green, although stock levels dictate that - they were nowhere to be seen today :( xxx

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this polka dots collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! I love being able to see through it, if this was on my nails, I'd probably stare at them throughout the day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I did spend most of my day staring at them lol!! :) xx

      Delete