Followers

Saturday, 18 May 2013

Lush Lacquer "Dream On"

Hi lovely loves! How is your Saturday? I hope the weather is a lovely where you are as it is here!

I have an unexpected, very happy, last-gasp contribution to indie week at All Things Nails today! I recently bought "Dream On" by Lush Lacquer from a lovely lady and fellow polish nut named Jennett and it arrived yesterday, just in time for the last full day of indie week! 

"Dream On" is a milky white base with blue, green, and purple glitters of varying shapes and sizes, some of which are matte, some of which are shiny. Lots of the larger glitters are stuck to the edges of the bottle so I did have to fish around for them, and still couldn't get that many on my nails, but nevertheless the effect the milky white base creates with the coloured particles is absolutely gorgeous. Whilst being a little thick in consistency, it's not fully opaque. I applied two careful, thick coats and in some lights my nail line is still sort of visible, but most of the time you can't see it, and I am happy to have left it at two coats - any more than that and I think the effect of the glitters peeking out through the base would begin to get lost.

Pictures show two coats plus base & top coat:







What do you think of this type of polish? I really love them, the overall effect always reminds me of icecream, and this one in particular looks as though it should smell minty in my opinion!

Thanks fro reading, and come back again soon :) x


11 comments:

  1. Wow great description of mint ice-cream! Looks great hun :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D It really does though doesn't it! Thank for letting me adopt it ^_^ xx

      Delete
  2. That is lovely! I really like this kind of polish, with glitters in a milky base, and I love indies! But I've yet to try anything from the Lush Lacquer brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is my first Lush lacquer. There are so many indies I've seen that I love, but knowing me I'd end up hoarding them and never using them for fear of running out and not being able to replace them, which is something I'm trying to avoid doing, so I tend to stay away from them... Madness really, I know! xx

      Delete
  3. This is really a beauty!
    Thanks for showing ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Thank you for looking, and commenting! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Really pretty Anna!! I've yet to purchase an Indie, boo!! the postage always puts me off xx

    ReplyDelete