Followers

Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Gradient Nails featuring JENsations "Rainbow Sprinkles"

Hello! I have something a little bit special (in my opinion) to show you today. It's indie week at All Things Nails, but I only have one true indie - JENsations "Rainbow Sprinkles". I can't make seven days worth of manicures out of it because it's precious and I don't want to use too much of it, so I thought I'd do one special manicure to make up for my lack of contribution, and here it is!

I started with two coats of Barry M "Prickly Pear" Gelly Nail Paint:




Then, using "Prickly Pear" and "Blueberry" Gelly Nail Paints, I created a gradient (which is far prettier and more obvious in real life - my cameras all think pale blue and lilac are the same colour):



And to finish it off, I applied one coat of JENsations "Rainbow Sprinkles", and top coat:


I'm really pleased with the end result, it's just such a shame it doesn't really come across too well in the photographs - if I could get you all here in my house to look at them with your actual eyes, that would be really cool, if a little cramped....!

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x




16 comments:

  1. Your gradient is fab! I love those colours together and the transition is so smooth! What sort of sponge do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I use those wedge-shaped foundation sponges (cut up into smaller pieces for frugality!), I got a pack of four from Boots and they are nice and dense so the texture is minimal, which I think helped with the smoothness :) xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful design, I love the gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to buy this Jelly Barry M polish, got the green instead. I am in love with the gradient and glitter. Wish my gradients went smooth like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, I love the gradient and Rainbow Sprinkles finishes it off perfectly! How do you get your gradient so smooth? Is it just a case of practice?

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess!! In order to achieve a smooth graduation I always use the method described in The Nailasaurus' tutorial (http://www.thenailasaurus.com/2012/04/gradient-nails-picture-tutorial.html), but instead of a bathroom sponge I use a small piece cut from a wedge-shaped foundation sponge, as the texture is much finer :) xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, the gradient is seamless :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Anna!! I love a pretty subtle gradient x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's nice gradient! Love these!

    ReplyDelete