Followers

Thursday, 16 May 2013

French Manicure with OPI!

Could this be? Bean goes French?! Oui, c'est vrai! I have been thinking about trying a classic French manicure for a while now. I'll be honest, it's not really my thing, but I am so stuck in a rut I just don't know what to do. My lovely friend Louise (please check out her blog!) posted a picture on All Things Nails of her own French manicure today, and she inspired me to try it for myself.

The polishes I used were OPI "You Callin' Me A Lyre?" for the pink, and OPI "Alpine Snow" for the white:




I really wasn't sure about it to be honest. I love to see French manicures on other people, but I just don't know if I like them on myself - I prefer to be loud and bold with my nails. So to sort of make it more "me", and to hide the fact that it isn't perfect, I added a coat of OPI "Pirouette My Whistle" on top for some sparkle, and finished with top coat:




Are you a fan of the French manicure? I am well out of my comfort zone with this but I am going to stick with it - if nothing else, it's a change from the usual, and they say a change is good as a rest!

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x

8 comments:

  1. It looks great - your nails are so perfect and unstained!

    I quite like a French Mani occasionally, although I can't remember the last time I did one, lol. I think my nails are too long right now, and it would look creepy - yours are just the perfect length for it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I would love to see a French manicure on your fabulous pointed nails! xx

      Delete
  2. whoa these are beautiful, so perfect and neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Lisa! :) xx

      Delete
  3. It looks beautiful!! But I'm the same as you, I like my nails to stand out! I think french manicures look best this sort of length! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Char! Whilst I could never wear a French regularly, I did actually find myself really enjoying it the other day, so it's definitely something I feel comfortable with now and won't hesitate to try again in the future :) xx

      Delete