Followers

Wednesday, 17 April 2013

OPI "Midnight In Moscow"

Hello everybody! I'm quite miffed that, having had several beautiful, sunny days here, and having re-jigged my polish schedule accordingly, today turns out to be grey and rainy and windy and generally miserable - right in time for a polish which really deserves to be seen in the sun to see its true beauty :( Still, I went ahead and applied it anyway!

OPI "Midnight In Moscow" is a bit of a peculiar shade in its make-up - it's a smoky sheer greyish black base with scattered burgundy shimmer - in the shade it looks like a very, very dark, almost black colour, but in the light it comes alive and turns into a gorgeous, blackened, lit-from-within, vampy burgundy beauty . Formula-wise, it's a pain in the neck. It's sheer, runny, streaky, and patchy with one coat - every time I apply it I think "how the hell am I ever gonna get this to look good?!".... But it always works out in the end. A second coat begins to sort things out, but I feel a third coat is always necessary for a perfect finish. And I actually think it benefits from that third coat (aside from it being necessary) as, thanks to the base that the shimmer is suspended in, it creates a wonderfully deep, mysterious look. It's truly beautiful, and totally worth the hassle of the tricky formula.

Pictures show three coats with base & top coat:





Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x


4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! I love how deep and complex it is in the pics thanks to its shimmer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mari, it really is beautiful isn't it! Despite the application issues, I'm so glad I have it in my collection :) xx

      Delete
  2. Wow it looks amazing!! I love wearing vampy polish now and again! I think it looks great with your fair skin especially!! I always get annoyed when people say you shouldn't wear dark colours with fair skin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say whaaaat?!?! I don't like being told we can't wear certain colours because either our nails are too long or short or our skin is too light/dark/whatever.... Wear whatever the heck makes you happy I say :) xx

      Delete