Followers

Friday, 26 April 2013

OPI "Born Red-y" & More Stamping with Pueen!

Happy Friiiidaaaaaaaaaay! I have what is possibly my favourite bright red shimmer polish to show you today. "Born Red-y" was, I believe, an OPI exclusive colour for QVC UK last year sometime. It is a rich, cool-toned red with a subtle, soft shimmer that sits under the surface. Indoors/in the shade it appears a lot darker and the shimmer isn't quite so visible, but in the sunlight it is absolutely beautiful - a very sophisticated red shimmer polish (a group in general I feel can sometimes look a bit too Christmassy and gaudy). It applies perfectly - one coat is plenty if you're in a mad crazy rush, but I always apply two for added wear and depth of colour.

Pictures show two coats plus base & top coat, and appear more pink than in reality (damned camera!):





Even though I absolutely love this shade, I couldn't help faffing - I just love my Pueen plates!! I used a geometric circles and squares design from Pueen plate 20 and Barry M Silver Foil Effects polish:




Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x



3 comments:

  1. this red color is pretty >.< you have beautiful nails shape :)

    btw i follow you on gfc and bloglovin. you mind follow me back? :D
    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Inge! Already a follower ;) xx

      Delete
  2. I love this red on you! Really tempted to order it now...gorgeous swatches :) x

    ReplyDelete