Followers

Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Geometric Nail Art with OPI "Alpine Snow" & Nails Inc "Black Taxi"

Hello! Over at All Things Nails this week we're holding a themed "Monochromatic Week". Having missed the past few themed weeks for various reasons, I decided to do (what I think is) something special for this week. 

When I think of monochrome I always associate it with 60s geometric designs, the sort of thing you'd see on a formica table-top or a really cool shift dress. So, with that in mind, I chose to do a stamping manicure using the geometric design on Cheeky Plate "CH14", and the best black and white polishes I've ever used - OPI "Alpine Snow" and Nails Inc "Black Taxi". 

I started with two coats of OPI "Alpine Snow" (no top coat):





I then stamped on the design using Nails Inc "Black Taxi", and finished it all off with matte top coat:


I am really, really pleased with the result. I think perhaps the matte top coat was a step too far, but regardless, the effect is really striking and I'm quite proud of my efforts!

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x



8 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, really lovely - so striking:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both very much :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Alpine Snow very much! and the design is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fantastic, this is probably my favourite so far xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you both for your comments :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I love this, I have wanting to do something like this for ages. So many good stamps out there.

    ReplyDelete