Followers

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Rimmel "Azure"

I'm gripped with indecision lately so, knowing only that I wanted to wear a blue polish, I threw it open to the lovely members of All Things Nails - I gave a selection of blues, and here is what they chose! "Azure" is from Rimmel's I <3 Lasting Finish range of nail polishes. It's a vibrant azure blue with a lovely shimmer. It's a bit sheer, but careful application allowed me to get away with two coats. This was one of my early "just getting into nail polish" purchases and has remained a favourite ever since.

Pictures show two coats, no top coat (for reasons which will become clear):






I realised, as I was gathering my bits and bobs to apply Azure, that the new polish I bought yesterday would go perfectly over the top, so here is Azure with one coat of 2True Glitterati polish in "Shade 1" over the top, with top coat:


What do you think? Whilst I really like the 2True polish, I kind of wish I hadn't faffed, and just left Azure to shine in its own glory :/

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x


10 comments:

  1. I think it looks rather lovely in both photos to be honest xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do agree, I like the 2True glitteriness, but hhmmm, I don't know, I don't really feel in a glittery mood at the moment... If that makes sense?! xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that nail polish, never used it on my real nails only nail wheels. I don't think I can pull it off like you have with your nice long nails. I like both pictures too. It is very nice without glitter though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa :) I've worn this on my nails at all different kinds of lengths, including when they've been at their shortest and it's the sort of colour that looks good regardless I think - you can't go wrong with a nice bit of bright shimmery blue :) xx

      Delete
  4. wow Azure is amazing! I looove blue nail polishes, and this one is not a regular one for sure :) Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This polish is absolutely stunning! I love it and should definitely buy more Rummel polishes. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Mari and Nikki, pleased you like it! I'll be wearing a lot more blues in the near future - I've decided to wear each of the ones I'd picked out in order of how many votes they received :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had azure for a while too and really like it and I love the glitterati, the pink one is great too, I have both and love how much glitter is in them and the thick formula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the darker blue Glitterati polish as well as this one, they never have any of the others in my Superdrug when I go in there - I really love that one especially :) xx

      Delete