Followers

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Nails Inc "Upper Berkeley Street"

*Sigh*...... Today has just not been my day. I was hoping to have something pretty awesome to show you today but, as is too often the case, my expectations were too high - I tried doing a multi-coloured stamped harlequin design over a gold base but, well, let's just say I failed and leave it at that! That was just one in a long line of mini disasters today which have left me feeling a bit fed-up.

Anyway, I couldn't put up with bare nails having removed the manicure fail, so I picked out Nails Inc "Upper Berkeley Street" to put on instead. It's a dusty, rosy pink creme with a hint of lilac. Very understated yet elegant colour - I think it would be quite "work appropriate" as it's in no way a screaming out loud in your face pink. Formula was perfection, but still I fail - as I was setting up to photograph this, I somehow managed to get a tissue stuck to one nail which smudged it. Badly. By then I just couldn't be bothered, so I licked a finger, pushed the smudgies back into place and bunged another coat of top coat on.

Pictures show two coats, plus base & top coat:





So there you go. I hope you've all had a less annoying day than I have!

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x


5 comments:

  1. "I tried doing a multi-coloured stamped harlequin design over a gold base" - the mind boggles!

    I do love this colour though xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is one of those colors I love to wear in spring! I like it on your nails even with the tiny smudge :)
    and please, don't be sad, we all have bad manicure days once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today has not been my day either. :( Beautiful colour. You always paint your nails soooo nice and neat. I don't actually own a dusty pink, I usually only have loud pinks. I must buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gosh, hope you have a better day tomorrow! I was having one of those days too, felt rubbish..until my lightbox was delivered!

    Gorgeous colour and nails - as always :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your lovely comments, they have cheered me up a lot :) xx

    ReplyDelete