Followers

Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Nails Inc "Hyde Park Square"

I'm so happy, I have so many brand new nail polish babies all of a sudden that I don't even know what to do with myself! I've scrapped my entire polish schedule for the next week at least so I can get through them all, hooray! Here is one of them: Nails Inc "Hyde Park Square" is an absolutely amazingly bright neon pink creme. It has the faintest hint of a blue undertone to it, but I feel it leans far more to the warm side. Formula is actually pretty nice for a neon - it's not a sheer, runny mess that needs a bazillion coats or white undies. It's fair to say it's a little bit streaky, but I applied two generous coats and they covered pretty well. As with all neons, it does dry matte, so a top coat is a must. 

Pictures show two coats plus base & top coat:




I really struggled to capture both the colour and the brightness accurately - in order to get somewhere close with neons, I adjust the white balance, which in turn makes my skin tone look a bit sickly - don't worry, there's nothing wrong with me ;)

What do you think? Are you a fan of neon polishes?

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x


6 comments:

  1. So lovely and bright, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many nail polishes, gets to the point where you think to your self I can't actually use these all. I love this colour, I am a huge fan of neon's, own about 10 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yep, I always want more though!! I don't actually own that many neons :( xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I wonder how this compares to notting hill gate? It doesn't look quite as neon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Char! I don't have Notting Hill Gate to compare, but several people have said that this one is brighter in tone and has a much better formula than NHG :) xx

      Delete