Followers

Sunday, 17 March 2013

L'Oreal Resist & Shine Titanium "Navy Velvet/700"

Today's polish is a bit of a mouthful to say! "Navy Velvet", also known by the number "700" is from L'Oreal's Resist & Shine Titanium range. It is a shade which I feel everybody should have in their collection - a classic, deep navy shimmer which is just scintillating in the sunshine. The formula is really good - very densely pigmented but not thick, just the right consistency, and a perfect two coater. The brush, however, I really don't like. It is long and flat, and the bristles are very fine and soft, floppy even - this creates turbulence in the brush while applying the polish, which in turn causes air bubbles to form. However, the annoyingly shaped over-cap on the lid is removable to reveal a small, cylindrical, ergonomic brush handle underneath for ease of application, which is to be commended.

Pictures show two coats plus base & top coat:





Do you like shades like this? I have done ever since I was very young - to me, this colour is the epitome of all things great about nail polish and my first ever nail polish was a dark navy shimmer!

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x


8 comments:

  1. I have a few of these polishes, only thing is they go gloopy after a while I find :( but I really love their deep shades! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, really? That's not too good, this is the only one I've had and I've only used it twice having bought it last summer, I'll have to keep my eye on it! xx

      Delete
  2. I like the shimmer it gives off and it is a lovely shade xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful especially in the sunshine - I was glad to be able to photograph it in sunshine to show off just how lovely it is :) xx

      Delete
  3. I only own one navy nail polish and its not as near as beautiful as this colour. Love it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have a few when I think about it, this one is definitely the best of the bunch :) xx

      Delete
  4. One of my first nail polishes was a dark blue shimmer too (it was leaning to purple a bit), I even remember it's name - Space Dust :)) Now I don't wear very dark blue shades very often, but I still love them a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaww "Space Dust", what a lovely name for a nail polish - I'd have loved that for the name alone when I was young (and still would now hehe) :) xx

      Delete