Followers

Saturday, 2 March 2013

China Glaze "Mahogany Magic"

Hi everybody! First things first, I have an announcement! I now have a Facebook page to accompany my blog - if you wish to "Like" me, then you may search "Anna Bean's Nails" on Facebook, click the little Facebook icon to the right of this page, or follow this link AnnaBean's Nails on Facebook :)

Now onto today's manicure. China Glaze "Mahogany Magic" is a warm, yellow-based mid brown creme polish which can look lighter or darker depending on the light source. The formula was trouble free, nicely pigmented and easy to apply - I haven't come across a single bad China Glaze polish yet when it comes to formula/application.

Pictures show two coats plus base & top coat:





What do you think? I know it's had quite a bit of flack for its colour, with some people saying it reminds them of poo, but I disagree entirely. I don't automatically think of poo when I see something brown - this polish reminds me of lots of lovely things, like hazel nuts, praline, expensive brown leather bags, and rich toffee sauce. However, I am obviously well aware that brown nail polish is by no means everybody's cup of tea. Personally though, being a lover of all things weird and non conventional, I love it - I think it's very flattering and elegant and will go with everything in my wardrobe. 

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x

18 comments:

  1. I love it & it matches the hair on your little facebook icon - how do I get one of those for my blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! So it does, I hadn't noticed! I did a search for Facebook buttons for Blogger and there was a tutorial with the code to use for this cute little one, I'll try and find it again for you... xx

      Delete
  2. Some people must have odd coloured poo!

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha well that's the funniest thing I've heard all day!! ;) xx

      Delete
  3. Reminds me of yummy chocolate fingers, the Cadbury ones.

    Lovely colour, not often I see a colour like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you're right, it really does look like them! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I like it, not sure I'd use a whole bottle but I have used over half of my fenchurch street, love that polish! X www.nailtheday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I absolutely love Fenchurch Street!! I've banned myself from buying back-ups but I feel quite uncomfortable not having a back-up of that :/ xx

      Delete
  5. oh that's great, only yesterday I registered a fb page for my blog too! :D I haven't yet announced it, as I want to add some content there first, but I'll be happy to be friends with you, let me go there and like you :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Mari, let us know when you're ready to announce your Facebook page and I'll "Like" it straight away :) xx

      Delete
  6. Hello! I've been ill all week with tonsillitis but I'm back to stalk your recent posts and thank you for following me! :)
    Personally I have a few brown and beige colours and its one I enjoy even if I don't use it often and I love the deep brown of this one, might have to wishlist it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry to hear you've been poorly, tonsillitis is just the worst isn't it :( Hope you're feeling better :) xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks, it is pretty horrible, I spent the whole week dying in bed and then it turned into a cold lol but I'm on the road to recovery now and all the plans I had to cancel are reset for this coming week along with lots of blog posts :)

      Delete
  7. To be honest, I don't think I've seen a colour look bad on you Anna hehe! Nothing wrong with a nice, glossy brown :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mahogany Magic looks great on you!

    I have it, and it's among my favourites, but I love brown polish. Shiny brown nails remind me of nice things like chocolate, conkers and leather, not poo at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aahh thank you! That's exactly what I think, lots of far nicee things it reminds me of than what some people see :) xx

      Delete