Followers

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Valentine's Nail Art with Boots 17 "Sweet Kisses"

Hi folks! All this week on All Things Nails is "Romance & Roses" theme week, in honour of it being Valentine's Day tomorrow. I care not for Valentine's Day, but I can never turn down an opportunity for some themed nail painting! So today I have for you my "official" Valentine's manicure.

I started out with three coats of Boots 17 "Sweet Kisses", a very pretty pale, cool-toned pink creme with the worst formula:





And then I pretty much went mental! I used two designs from two different plates (the roses from a generic cheapie thing and the hearts from Bundle Monster, plate BM08), and stamped them on using Nails Inc "Monmouth Street". It's vomitous, and while I love over-the-top things, it's even a bit much for me to stomach. In a strange way though I really quite like it, and there's no denying it's topical!


Have you painted your nails for Valentine's Day? Do you even celebrate it? This is the most romantic I will be getting!

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x



14 comments:

  1. Aww, it looks so lovely. Not celebrating Valentine's Day but want to paint my nails like that :) great job x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not celebrating but have such an urge to paint my nails red! Trying to resist doing it tho haha Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, do it anyway and think of another excuse! ;) xx

      Delete
  3. Looks lovely :)) and I love the pastel base color - its so tender, sorry to hear about its formula..
    i don't celebrate Valentines Day, but I love all those holidays because I have more themes for nail art :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mari! It's really such a shame, it's a lovely colour but it's so watery and streaky! Always love an excuse for nail art, whatever it is :D xx

      Delete
  4. I love the colour combination :) I think I have Boots 17 Sweet Kisses somewhere, I remember wearing it on my toes, think I'll dig it out tomorrow! I do celebrate Valentine's day, I'm a real sucker for romance :) though my boyfriend and I are both quite tight on money this year so we'll just get cards :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! I nearly got rid of Sweet Kisses because of the formula displeasing me, but I'm glad I kept it - it may be troublesome but it's too pretty not to love! It's nice to know romance isn't dead - I think just a card is fine, it's the sentiment behind it that matters the most :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Lovely nails as always!!

    Bisou,
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty color! I celebrate Valentine's day and decided that this year I would paint my nails a crazy green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Green's a fabulous colour for nails, whatever the time of year ;) xx

      Delete