Followers

Thursday, 7 February 2013

Nails Inc "Heathrow"

*Sigh*...... I was so ready to love this polish with all my heart. Nails Inc "Heathrow" is a camel coloured matte creme polish. I had wanted it for so long and was delighted when I received it in my lucky dip the other week and been really looking forward to wearing it, but when I went to paint my nails this afternoon, all hell broke loose (in polish terms). My main problems are not with the colour, but with the formula and application. It is sheer, streaky, not self levelling, and to add insult to injury my brush is twisted and the bristle very scratchy which, because this polish dries so fast, left grooves in the surface because I couldn't work quickly enough to smooth it out. I needed three coats to cover completely. The pictures actually do this polish a lot of justice - in reality, it's a mess. The only saving graces are the colour (love) and the fact that it is officially the most matte polish I own.

Pictures show three coats, no top coat.




Have you ever had high expectations of a polish, only to be ultimately disappointed? I will keep this, and wear it, because I like the colour and the matte finish, but I wish it was better behaved :(

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x


13 comments:

  1. Oh dear Anna, I've had the same sort of disappointment today with my polish too!
    It's not nice when they don't live up to our expectations :(
    Jen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate days like this, it's so annoying! I can't decide whether to remove this now I've ruined it with bad faffing... i don't know what to replace it with if I do,maybe I should leave it on as a reminder to not take things too far!! xxx

      Delete
    2. I stupidly tried it on one finger without basecoat and it left it very yellow. Also found it very hard work. Its not my favorite I like shiney, shiney, glossy nails

      Delete
    3. Hhmm yes, I could see there is a lot of yellow in it the bottle, what a shame it stained your nail :( xx

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful colour and it's a shame that it didn't behave itself!

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is such a shame, I love the colour but feel stressed at the thought of having to apply it again in the future!! xx

      Delete
  3. So sad when a polish disappoints! I have to say it's not the sort of colour I'd go for, I'd probably end up putting on a holographic topcoat, hehe.
    I've had a NI brush which was rubbish before too! makes application awful! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive nominated you for a The Liebster Award at http://tarastreatsreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the quality! In the pics the color is so lovely and I love how matte it looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments everybody! I've removed this manicure. I tried to do some nail art but it went wrong, it was the straw that broke the camel's back! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a shame, because it looks great in the photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to say in the photos you can't even tell it applied badly. Your 'messy' manis are better than a lot of peoples good ones! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Angela, and Charlotte! It did photograph surprisingly well despite how lumpy it was really, maybe that's a plus I should add to it's plus points ;) xx

    ReplyDelete