Followers

Sunday, 24 February 2013

Barry M "Ridley Road" Textured Nail Paint

If you know me at all, you would know how reticent I've been to jump on the "textured nails" band wagon. I can't stand Nails Inc's leather effect polishes, not fussed with their concrete ones either, and you'd have to sedate me to get the OPI Liquid Sand polishes on my nails. However, there is something about Barry M's new range of textured nail paints that has beguiled me, and I think it's the combination of the texture with the pastel shades they come in. I have been itching to try at least one of them just to see what all the fuss is about. I chose "Ridley Road", a pale aqua shade. It was unproblematic to apply, if a little patchy in places. I have applied two coats and they are just enough to cover adequately. It feels a bit rough to the touch, especially along the tips of my nails, and as it dries it becomes less shiny and more textured.

Pictures show two coats with base coat but no top coat:




What do you think about all the different textures around in the polish world currently? I can't say I've fallen in love with this one but I am willing to give it the benefit of doubt - if nothing else, I really love the colour.

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x


12 comments:

  1. Hmm I agree with you about not falling in love with it, but I do like the colour xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad it's not just me :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've been so intrigued by what this effect actually is and what it would look like - I think it looks pretty cool but I think I would miss the shinyness to my nails :/ still tempted to try the range though, I really love that colour :)
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly! Me too, as soon as I saw these on other blogs I wanted to see just what it was all about.... In my case it's the lack of shine which drew me to it (apart from the colour), but to be honest, I just can't see myself wearing it again - I've been looking at my nails all afternoon and not once have they made me smile :( xx

      Delete
  3. Stunning color and the texture looks neat:) xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not really liked the look of the barry m texture polishes previously but you've made this look beautiful Anna! probably your perfect application and nails :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so couldn't wait to go out and buy these, I was like a child at Christmas lol.

    I really like them and figured out I could sponge polish over them to change the colours and keep textured. Saves money buying others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even considered that, what a great idea! xx

      Delete
  6. I ran out and bought all four of these the day they came out and yet, I still haven't tried them lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I hope you like them more than I did - this one's in my "selling" box now!! :/ xx

      Delete