Followers

Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Barry M "Denim"

Hello World, how are you today? Today's manicure is a beaut if ever there was one. Barry M "Denim" is, as you might imagine, a cool, mid-toned denim blue with chunky, scattered silver (or pale blue, I can't make my mind up) shimmer. It dries to an almost matte "satin" finish which, despite the super-quick drying time of this polish, actually takes a while to appear. I couldn't be bothered to wait for it to fully mattify before I photographed it, so I didn't bother. I prefer it with top coat anyway - it brings out the beautiful twinkly sparkle and adds a lot more depth. Formula is thick and extremely well pigmented, but runny - be sure to wipe the excess off the stalk first otherwise it will drip. Other than that, perfectly opaque in one coat , but two coats is the norm for me and is what my pictures show, plus base & top coat.




(Sun-lit photographs, yay!!)


What do you think? Does it resemble denim in your opinion? Are you a fan of blue nail polish in general, like I am?

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x


11 comments:

  1. One of my favourite blue's its definitely the best denim colour I've seen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely gonna have to get my hands on this colour, its the second time I've seen it recently!I really like it and I love the glitter.
    I am a big fan of blue too, most of my collection is blue, green and purple lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, both! I must admit I didn't think I'd like this one at first, but am so glad I gave it a chance, it's such a perfect polish :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked it up on Thursday, yay :) Haven't tried it yet though cus I got like, nine others too lol

      Delete
    2. Ahaha that's the way to do it ;) xx

      Delete
  4. you have pretty nails! beautiful color too! I'm a new follower, would love if you would please follow me on my blog aswell! : )

    http://myprettynailz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Happily following your lovely blog :) xx

      Delete
  5. Ooh this is pretty! I just googled for swatches without topcoat and I am totally with you, yours looks way prettier with the top coat :) really sparkly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte! It's one of those rare occasions I prefer a matter polish better when it's shiny! Although I do like it without top coat too :) xx

      Delete
  6. I love this colour! I'm a complete nutter about blue polish. After seeing your post I think I need to get my hands on this polish. Thanks Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm a sucker for a blue polish. Really pleased to have inspired you! You won't be disappointed :) xx

      Delete