Followers

Tuesday, 5 February 2013

AnnaBean does stamping! Featuring Collection Hot Looks "Shadow"

It's true! I have taken the plunge, bought some cheap knock-off stamping plates and given it a go!! I have been practicing non-stop since yesterday morning, and I think I may finally be getting the hang of it! For today's manicure I started with a base of Collection Hot Looks "Shadow", a deep, rich, almost-but-not-quite black, warm brown shade with a fantastic two-coat formula. Pictures after the jump....


Two coats, plus base & top coat:




Then, once it had all dried and I'd plucked up enough courage, I set about stamping! Using Nails Inc "Ledbury Road", I chose a sort of L-shaped image of some vines with leaves and flowers, and repeated it it twice on each nail, in opposite corners, then finished off with top coat. I had one total failure on my "other" hand where I placed one image rather badly, but for the most part I am quite pleased! 




So there you have it! It's not perfect, but I am still a beginner and eager to learn! 

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x

5 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Anna :) I love stamping!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnnaBean does stamping well :D I like your design, especially the dark background, and I'm also a beginner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Charlotte and Mari! I'm so pleased I've tried it, it's so much fun :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay welcome to stamping Anna, I find it can be very frustrating and takes some patience but when its goes right its so satisfying. These look brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niki!! There's definitely something very satisfying about it when it goes well, I think I'm pretty much gonna be stamping over every manicure I do for the rest of the year lol xx

      Delete