Followers

Saturday, 2 February 2013

50 Facts About Me


Lovely Sara over at Pretty In Pink has recently done what a lot of other bloggers are doing at the moment and made a "50 Facts About Me" post. She tagged anybody who was reading, so I thought what the heck! I'm bored, and I like talking about myself. So, get your coffee, prop your eyelids up with match sticks, and here we go....



1. I haven't set foot in a hairdressers since 2008 - my mum cuts my hair.
2. I am right-handed, but can write backwards with my left hand.
3. I don't like other people touching me.
4. I don't like touching things that have been recently touched by others - if there is any residual body heat on it (chairs, pens, computer mice, whatever) then no chance.
5. I drink far too much tea..
6. It took me a whole year to learn to drive, and even though I passed my test first time, I still can not reverse into a parking bay.
7. My car is a very scratched metallic navy T-reg Rover 200. Her name is Jemima. She is very temperamental.
8. I am a hoarder. Of everything.
9. I become emotionally attached to inanimate objects.
10. I count my steps everywhere I go.
11. Despite being born eight days before Christmas, I have never received a joint present for either birthday or Christmas.
12. I don't like writing with black pens.
13. I hate the feel of paper.
14. Newspaper print makes me sneeze.
15. I suffer from Crohn's Disease.
16. I have developed intolerances to lots of foods, the worst of which is chocolate.
17. I once woke up trying to plug my iPod headphones into the charging socket of my mobile phone. It broke.
18. I have one sibling, a sister. Her name is Charlene.
19. At school I had many nicknames, mostly based on my surname, including "Squealer", "Wheeler Dealer", "Anna Drug Dealer", and at Christmas "Anna Partridge In A Pear Tree" (a song which was sung to me every time I walked in to the room by one particular person!).
20. Birds are my favourite wild animal. 
21. I am a member of the RSPB.
22. I sponsor a dog with the Dogs Trust, he is a lurcher and his name is Leo. **
23. I have four pets of my own: two dogs (Buster and Saxon) and two cats (Lillian and Zola). I had another dog, my baby Scrappy, but he was put to sleep at the age of two due to an inoperable tumor in his spinal cord, which paralysed him. I still mourn for him every day.
24. I used to have a colony of stick insects.
25. I have had several pet rats in the past and used to take them for walks on a special harness and lead.
26. I have several phobias, the worst of which are balloons, fish and deep water.
27. When I was a child I was terrified of fire, and would sit at the top of the stairs when visiting my gran and granddad because I didn't like being in the same room as their fireplace.
28. I have a very fierce, short temper, and swear far too much when I'm angry.
29. I used to play the flugelhorn in my local brass band, and won several awards during that time including "Best Horn Soloist" at the Cornwall Brass Band Championships.
30. I did ballet until I was 19.
31. When I was nine years old, I stole a magnet from school. I still have it.
32. I haven't had an alcoholic drink since 2008 and have no intention of ever having another.
33. I live in a small town in north-east Cornwall, smack-damn in between Bodmin Moor and Dartmoor - I can see them both from my house.
34. I believe in ghosts, and have seen/experienced many.
35. Whenever I stayed at my nan's house as a child, I would always have toast for breakfast, which I dipped in lemonade. It is delicious.
36. I nearly set fire to my school once. Accidentally.
37. When I was very young, I made my mum sew a kite to the back of an old jumper, and whilst wearing it I tried to jump off a cliff because I thought I would fly. I was never allowed to wear it again.
38. I used to dye my hair all kinds of crazy colours, but it is now its natural, boring, light brown.
39. I do not own a smartphone.
40. The favourite holiday I've ever had was a school trip to the Scilly Isles.
41. I do not own a passport.
42. I can't sing.
43. I have an aversion to large groups of people, especially those of the teenage persuasion.
44. My sister and I enjoy adopting different regional accents and speak to each other in them for months on end.
45. I hate shopping. I always nearly faint when I go clothes shopping.
46. I enjoy the occasional game of darts.
47. I do not like to lose at board games, my favourite being Scrabble.
48. My favourite TV shows are The Big Bang Theory and Countdown.
49. My favourite film is The Labyrinth.
50. I was banned from the Plymouth branch of The Body Shop when I was five years old, for breaking a perfume bottle.

There you go. Everything you ever wanted to know about me but were too scared to ask. Now, I don't want to exclude anybody, so I too will tag you - yes, YOU! Whoever you are! Leave a link to your post in the comments if you like, because I am nosy, and like to know things about people ;)

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x

** EDIT: My dear sponsor dog Leo passed away. I now sponsor another dog, his name is Sam.

10 comments:

  1. Ah Labyrinth still a fave of mine and now my kids:) xx

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could watch it every day for the rest of my life and never get bored of it, I love it so much. Your children have exquisite taste ;) xx

      Delete
  2. I nearly set my elementary school on fire with a science experiment lol! Nice to know someone else has had the same experience ^_^. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I expect we're not alone! Mine was during cookery class, I was heating up some oil and it got just a bit too hot! It took the whole day to cool down enough for me to deal with it! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I had to giggle at the newspaper print one, haha what a quirky thing!

    Glad I inspired you!

    http://pretty-in-pink-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I don't know what it is about it, I guess it's the chemicals in the ink?! It really gets right up my nose! :) xx

      Delete
  4. love that you shared this with us Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I love that you owned some ratties! I am going to post my 50 facts tomorrow ... lovely to find a new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Laura! Oh I love rats, such beautiful, intelligent creatures! Following you blog and I look forward to reading your 50 facts :) x

      Delete