Followers

Friday, 18 January 2013

Nails Inc "Royal Botanical Gardens" & "Henley"

Hi world! Two polishes for the price of one today! Both new, and both gorgeous. Let's start with Nails Inc "Royal Botanical Gardens". A light, bright aqua green creme. Similar to Nails Inc "Haymarket" but lighter and less blue. Formula is a bit streaky with one coat but absolutely perfect with two. I've been looking for a shade like this for absolutely ages, so pleased to have this one!

Pictures show two coats with base coat but no top coat (the reason for which will become very clear very soon):





After I had applied Royal Botanical Gardens, I then applied two coats of Nails Inc "Henley", a special effect polish which is supposed to look like feathers. It's a combination of very fine silver and pale copper strand glitter, and chunkier black strand glitter. It requires a bit of effort to apply it neatly, dries very rough, and care must be taken to remove any strands sticking out beyond the tips of the nails in order not to shred yourself to ribbons, but negatives aside I think it is an absolutely beautiful polish, such a striking effect and I think Nails Inc have captured the feathery essence very well. I also love the feather print on the bottle cap, but then I would - I love birds!



What do you think of this effect? Do you think it looks like feathers? Do you even like it, or is it not something you would wear?

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x




17 comments:

  1. This is definitely the nicest swatch I've seen of the feathers, I think because it reminds me of Brick Lane which I love.
    Love the Royal Botanical Gardens pics too, far too bright for me but looks great here xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, Debbie! I think the feathers have totally divided people haven't they! I knew I'd love it before I even got it, and RBG too - it's the main reason I got the TSV in the first place :) xx

      Delete
    2. Totally agree with Debbie Jarmanx

      Delete
  2. These are the two I bought the TSV for but putting them together wouldn't have been my first thought (I was planning on putting it over the dark blue) but I think this looks absolutely amazing! Can't wait to see what you think of the red leather effect, I have it on today and am somewhat undecided x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh isn't it funny how we each see things! I knew immediately that I'd wear these two together, and am pleased I did :) I have to admit - I am just not interested in the leather fad and knew I'd never wear it so I've sold it already :/ xx

      Delete
  3. I love this blue/green colour, in fact my last half dozen or so polishes have been blue, I'm addicted now I think! I do like the feathery effect but I don't think it looks like feathers, maybe in reality it does and not on the photo? Or maybe it's my eyes lol xx

    I have followed you now on GFC and would really appreciate if you follow back on GFC, I am a brand new blogger and trying to get to 100 followers as I want to do a giveaway xx

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the effect, such a lovely colour combination as well. I've got to get me that green! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you both for your kind comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very interesting top, and I like the feather effect! It should be great on many light colors and gradient backgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hadn't though about applying it over gradients, great idea! I'll keep it in mind for next time I wear it :) xx

      Delete
  7. as always,Anna they look stunning on you but I .have to admit I didn't get this TSV because of all they new effects xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cath! I think it was definitely one of those love it or hate it collections wasn't it. There was more I liked than didn't like though and I'm glad I went for it (on A/D too) :) xx

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, I've come to catch up on reading posts and you have hundreds! haha! I don't know where to begin!
    I think I'm going to have to buy Royal Botanical Gardens now!! I LOVE aqua colours and this is gorgeous. I really like the feather effect too. I did google for swatches and just thought 'meh' but yours have totally changed my mind! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha.... I am quite the prolific poster I know!! I love the feather effects so much I'm gonna wear it again when I paint my nails today!! :D xx

      Delete
  9. This looks great! I have worn Henley over Campden Hill Rd and Lowndes Court but have difficulty in applying the Henley without leaving 'catchy' bits even with a generous layer of top coat. Having seen this I think it is more user error than anything else and I'll have a go at this combination.
    I'm not sure about the leather effect - looks like you've tried to do the housework before it's dry but I love the mulberry colour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got haymarket (I'm in canada) it was in the display instead of royal botanical garden with the rest of the summer polishes. It looka like we got it instead. Is there any way you can do a side by side shot of the two so I van see the difference? Either on your blog or email me?

    Polish Jinx
    Polishjinx at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shayna, if you check out my blog fan page on Facebook (there is a button on the right side panel if you are viewing via computer, or search Anna Bean's Nails on Facebook) you can find a comparison of RBG, Haymarket, and another similar NI shade in the album titled "Timeline Photos" xx

      Delete