Followers

Monday, 14 January 2013

Nails Inc Gossip Girl "Lily" Duo

Hello lovely world! I have what I think is a stunning manicure (in terms of polish) to show you today. Last week I bought a set of two Nails Inc nail polishes from one of my lovely fellow nail polish addict friends Alice, and it arrived today! It was one of Nails Inc's three special sets in tandem with the TV show "Gossip Girl". They all consisted of a dark base polish named after one of the characters and a flaky topcoat, or "overglaze" as Nails Inc calls them. This set is the "Lily" set, but as I don't watch the show I can't say if it matches her character in any way. It contained a plum/black polish named "Lily" and a gold/green/blue flaky top coat named "High Society". "Lily" had a fantastic formula - two coats to absolute glossy perfection. You can really see the plum tone on the first coat but that does get lost somewhat after the second coat. "High Society" transforms it completely and I'm not even going to try and describe it to you, so on to the pictures!

First up is a picture of "Lily" on its own, two coats & base coat (no top coat):


And here is the finished look - two coats of "High Society" over the top, with top coat (tried to take a few different-angled shots to show all the different colours this shifts to, but couldn't capture the blue visible at a very oblique angle):





So what do you think? Are you a fan of flaky top coats/overglazes/whatever you want to call them? I think they're are stunning, especially over black and dark colours. I am curious to try this one over a white base one day though. Thank you Alice for passing these beauts on to me, I am so delighted with them <3

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x




3 comments:

  1. Love this, I've wanted it for so long but never have the money when I spot it. The Blair and Serena ones aren't as good.

    http://pretty-in-pink-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you, this is the only one of the three I actually wanted, didn't like the look of one of the others and have a similar flaky topcoat to the other one anyway. So pleased to have finally got hold of Lily though, it was a proper bargain too! x

      Delete
  2. I dont own this set but love creating this same look with black polish & Essie Luxeffect Shine of the Times:)

    Sara x

    ReplyDelete