Followers

Friday, 4 January 2013

Nails Inc "Gilston Road"

Well, if yesterday's manicure was "calm" in comparison with some of my others from recent days, then today's reeeeaally is!

It's another of my Christmas presents, Nails Inc "Gilston Road". It's a lovely warm-toned  grey/brown/taupe/putty shade with an amazingly dense, richly pigmented creme formula - the kind that Nails Inc gained their reputation for. It applied effortlessly and was almost perfect in one coat, but my pictures show two, plus base & top coat.




It is slightly warmer in tone than my pictures would suggest, but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't capture that, sorry :(

Do you like this kind of shade? I really love them. Some would probably call them boring, but I think they are understated, elegant, and very sophisticated.

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x


6 comments:

  1. As you know The Thames is one of my faves, I love this one too! I love a nice putty colour xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes, I do, t'is one of my favourites too and now so is this! Was expecting it to be the same as Cadogan Place but this is darker and has an infinitely better formula :D xx

      Delete
  2. gorgeous - I love these kind of colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the less obvious colours like the greys and neutrals as much as I love the bright ones. There's always something for whatever mood you're in :) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Debbie and Louise! Definitely agree Louise! I applied this after it had got dark last night - now I see it in the daylight and it's even more beautiful, the subtle lavender undertones really come through, so pretty :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I'm glad it had a little surprise in store for you with those subtle undertones :) x x x

    ReplyDelete