Followers

Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Nails Inc "Bedford Square, OPI "Alpine Snow", and much more!

Well hello there! How the devil are you? I have a lot to show you today - two day's worth of manicures with a brick load of pictures to boot! Shall we get straight on down to business?



New year's day 2013, and my nails were graced by the most beautiful polish. Nails Inc "Bedford Square" was her name, and she was a mix of tiny golden holographic glitters and larger pinky red glitters.



Dried to a very gritty finish which I really liked. I did apply topcoat in the end but I think I'll leave it as it is next time I wear it. Two coats here (first picture without top coat, second picture with):


Pretty? I think so :)


Now, this is where the fun begins. I was planning on wearing OPI "Alpine Snow" today, but couldn't decide whether to just leave it plain, or faff it up a bit. So, with the help of my friends on the All Things Nails group on Facebook, I decided to use it as a base for a sparkly neon manicure. I took photos every step of the way!

OPI "Alpine Snow", two coats.


I then applied two coats of a glow in the dark, extremely neon yellow polish on top of Alpine Snow. Picture doesn't do it justice at all. I've tried to change the colour balance to get it looking a bit more like it does in reality (which is why my skin looks dead in the next two photos). This is the closest I could get, which isn't very - imagine a neon yellow highlighter pen, and then imagine that about 100 times more neon. It really is a bit ridiculous!!


To finish the look, I then applied one coat of Barry M "Diamond Glitter", and my usual Orly Sec'N'Dry top coat.


And finally, I took a picture of it all glowing in the dark! Wooooo! 



This just might be the most mental manicure I've ever done, and I LOVE IT!!! What do you think? 

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x





7 comments:

  1. wow! that really is glow in the dark! and bedford square looks gorgeous, I really am going to have to get that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty spectacular! I was surprise really, on its little nail wheel it didn't really do much, but on my nails it's insane, and once I'd applied my hand cream and put my manicure gloves on, it seemed to glow even brighter and stayed glowing all night!! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow!! That is an amazing neon AND it glows in the dark - bonus! I love it :) x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant isn't it!! Totally felt like I was a child again when I was wearing it! And the best bit, it was 99p from eBay with free delivery (from Hong Kong) :D xx

      Delete
    2. Wow that's even better. You little bargain hunter :) x x x

      Delete
    3. It was a good way of testing the water - I was unsure it would work so didn't really want to pay full whack for a big bottle of something - as it happens, it's pretty awesome!! I've got four other colours too, my intention is to do a "different colour on each nail" manicure one day :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I look forward to seeing that mani :) x x x

    ReplyDelete