Followers

Friday, 11 January 2013

Avon Matte Nailwear "Violetta"

I have a new (to me) polish to show you today, acquired from my lovely friend Hayley. It's one I've been lusting after for ages and I'm so pleased I finally have my little mitts on it! It is Avon Matte Nailwear "Violetta". As the name suggests, it's a matte-finish polish, and is the most amazing, sumptuous shade of royal purple. It dries very matte and smooth, applies nicely, and is very well pigmented. Pictures show two coats, plus base coat (but no top coat).





I then couldn't resist applying top coat to see what this shade looks like glossy. Turns out to be just about the best purple polish I own. Just look at how beautiful!!!


What are your views on matte nail polish? When they first came to prominence a couple of years ago I hated the idea, but now I love it, I think it creates a really striking effect.

Thanks for reading, and come back again soon :) x



2 comments:

  1. Looks great on you but I just cannot get on board with matte, or textured polish, but then again I said the same about glitter..... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's one of those "Marmite" effects - you either love it or you hate it. Give it time though, I wasn't keen when they were first released and I love it now ;) xx

      Delete